Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Wash Routine & First Bantu Knot-Out

Thursday I wanted to try something different with my hair besides twist outs, and since it was wash time and didn't have to go to school, I decided try a bantu knot-out. Marilyn's been doing them and I wanted to see if I would get the same results, and I thought this will be a good time to try out my Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding.

Products being used:
Shampoo: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
DC mixture: Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Deep Treatment Masque, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, EVCO & Peppermint oil mix, EVOO, Kinky-Curly Knot Today(KKNT), Suave Rosemary Mint conditioner
Detangling Conditioner: KKNT
Styler: Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding

Wash Routine:
1. I use Kinky-Curly Knot Today on dry hair to detangle. As I'm detangling, I'm twisting my hair using Naptural85's method. (click link to see method)
2. After detangling and twisting, I get in the shower and wash my hair with the twist in. By washing my hair this way, it stays detangled and I don't have to worry about it knotting up as it's shrinking.
3. After shampooing, I put deep conditioner on. I have 2 ways of doing this that depends on how much free time I have. I leave the DC in b/w 30-45 mins.
    A. For in a Rush: I just put DC on the twists w/o taking them down.
    B. No Rush: I take down twist one at a time and put DC on and retwist. (This time not doing Naptural85's method) I will do this while in the shower.
4. Once through DC'ing, I rinse it out. Depending on if I did A, I will retwist hair using Naptural85's method. B, I will leave in.
5. Then I let my hair air-dry.

Now, since I was styling my hair in a BKO, I took the twists down. I took medium sized sections and combed through, applying a dime sized amount of Curly Pudding on hair. I retwisted my hair and did the knots. I tried doing Naptural85's BKO, but my knot wouldn't stay twisting it that way. Have to wait for my hair to get longer.




Afterwards, I Let it air dry overnight, but some of the twists weren't completely dry. Luckily, i didn't have to go anywhere so I left them in on Friday. Then today I had to take them  down since I was going out today. I used my mixture of EVCO and peppermint oil to help take it down and separate , and here are the results:



So I like it, but I don't think I'll be doing too many of these just because I don't have the time. Then, I'm more of a twist out girl. The Curly Pudding did pretty good, my hair is a tad bit crunchy, but that's OK since it's suppose to have hold, so I'll be using it more often. It did give me some shine too and it has a strong scent, but after a while I got used to it. So this was an experiment gone right, but I'll stick with a twist out for a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...