Mimi's Mini Ayurvedic Treatment
So today we went mini hair shopping, got some great stuff by the way. Carolyn needed to go to Walgreen's & Target to find the Shea Moisture Curling Souffle, and I needed to go to our local Indian grocery store to get a couple of Ayurvedic powders. I ended up buying the Hesh Neem (2.89) & Shikakai Powder (2.99); all totaling 5.86 (I think). After driving for an hour trying to find a store that was still in stock of the curling souffle, finally finding it at the Target that we always buy hair products from and should have went to in the 1st place :(, I bough some plain yogurt there to mix in with the powders [ and winter edition Oreos ;) ].
Since this was 1st attempt of trying the mixture, I kept the ingredients to a minimum. Wish I had taken a pic of the treatment.
1. 2 teaspoons of the plain yogurt
2. Added warm water didn't measure but probably 3 big teaspoons. ( or whatever you feel that's needed.)
3. 2 teaspoons of the Hesh Neem Powder. 2 teaspoons of Hesh Shikakai Powder.
4. Mixed it all in a plastic bowl with a plastic spoon and let it sat for 5 minutes.
5. Massaged the mixture in my hair and covered with a plastic cap.
6. Kept it on for 15 minutes, got in the shower, and co-wash with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner and Suave Rosemary Mint conditioner.
I will defiantly do this treatment again, but I'll add some oils or something to cover that yogurt smell because it made me nauseous. Anyway, my hair was soft and shiny, and my curls were looser with the help of the henna from Sunday (Godrej). My hair is dry right now and it still fills good. Oh, and dandruff is taking care of, too. Again, this stuff was GREAT! :D
Here's the powders description.
Neem - "The Trusted Antibacterial & Anti Dandruff Powder"- Powerful natural Antiseptic, Cures skin disorders, Controls Natural oil balance of skin, Clears dandruff. ( I'll try it in my facial clay mask).
Shikakai - " Dirt Buster For Your Scalp"- Provides new life to hair strands, Strengthens hair roots, Clears Dandruff, Keeps the scalp and cool ( Does what it says).